Tuesdays in Lent at Christchurch: Questions Jesus asked
1. 4th March INTRO:
135 questions Jesus asked with pancakes!
Why did he ask so many questions? What are you looking for? (nipping into John’s Gospel!)
2. 11th March Who do you say that I am? (Matthew 16:15)
Will the Real Jesus please step forward?
What ‘picture did you have of Jesus from when you were young?
What strikes you most about Jesus now?
What do you ‘not like’ about what you know?
Who do you think he is?
3. 18th March Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye?(Matthew 7:3) Who am I to judge?
When was the last time someone really got up your nose?
What annoys you most about other people?
How do you match up to those around you?
How does God see each one of us?
4. 25th March What do you want me to do? (Matthew 20:21, 31)
What do we really expect of God?
What do you really think ‘prayer’ is?
Have you ever ‘cried out’ to God
Have you experienced ‘prayers’ being answered?
If you could ask one thing of God, right now, what would it be?
5. 1st April Why are you so afraid? (Matthew 8:26)
Trusting is never easy!
Do you find it easy to ‘Trust’ other people?
Have you ever been hurt through broken trust?
Why should we trust God?
6. 8th April Could you not keep watch with me for one hour? (Matthew 26:40)
You, me and God…..what a team!
Think about the story…. How would you have acted that night?… Why?
Why did Jesus want them with him?
7. 15th April My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? (Matthew 27:46)
What it cost him to give us a new chance!
Why did Jesus have to die like that?
Why did he.. the Son of God.. feel that he was ‘forsaken’?
What did the Crucifixion achieve for us?